For Adults & Parents
Your financial gifts are essential to Goalline Ministries in helping to make a difference in the lives of young people. Your monetary support is vital to carrying out this ministry. Goalliine Ministries is a non-profit 501-3(c) organization.
Ministry volunteers are absolutely vital to the mission of Goalline. It is through their involvement that student lives are changed. Goalline volunteers participate in a full range of activities and events to reach students for Jesus Christ such as:
- providing snacks or meals at events
- adopting students through the Adopt-a-Student program
- providing Bible study for small groups
- being a mentor to a student
- praying for the students and the ministry
- being guest speakers or participating in music and/or games at Survivor
- participating in mission projects
- providing transportation to students on Sundays to area churches
- providing financial support
Bible studies are offered several times each week at various locations. Students are invited to attend one or more based on their needs and schedules. Adults with a strong Christian background and from local churches teach these Bible studies to the Thomas University students.
This program is the “heart” of Goalline Ministries. Through this program, families in the community are paired with Thomas University students. The purpose of the program is to provide encouragement and support for the students. Possible activities that may be offered include:
- Providing meals at home or in local restaurants
- Attending student’s athletic events
- Inviting students to attend church
- Providing a place to wash clothes
- Providing a place for students to “get away”
- Providing information about the community and community resources
- Providing a “home away from home”
Goalline mission projects are opportunities for students to work in cooperation with churches in the local area. Some of these opportunities may be local, within the United States, and/or abroad. Some activities in the past have included participation in mission trips to Nicaragua and Panama, the providing of student volunteers for local churches during Disciple Now Weekend, and the providing student volunteers at a construction site of a local church. Adults from local churches accompany Thomas University students in these mission projects.
John Rainey, Director
Goal Line Ministries, Inc.
P.O. Box 1202
Thomasville, GA 31799-1202
Click here to email